Going in for surgery is frightening. You are literally putting your life in the hands of a doctor, and while it is widely understood that this is risky, the risks should not arise from surgeon error on the operating table.
Pursuing compensation for these complex personal injury or wrongful death is no easy task, but it is made much easier with help from Greenville surgery malpractice attorneys who have the tools and experience to recover maximum compensation. At Parham Smith & Archenhold LLC we have handled and successfully achieved verdicts and settlements in a wide range of surgical negligence claims:
- Surgical errors — severed or sliced arteries or nerves, resulting in hemorrhage or loss of function, such as an iliac artery opened during an appendectomy.
- Laparoscopy procedures — accidental cutting of the ureter or ducts, as in gall bladder surgery (laparoscopic cholecystectomy) or hysterectomy (bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy).
- Foreign objects left inside — retained sponge or surgical clamp, leading to infection, nerve or tissue damage, from failure to account for medical equipment before closing the incision.
- Wrong site or wrong surgery — failure to mark the correct surgical field (left vs. right) or performing the wrong procedure, from a failure of preop checkdowns.
- Anesthesia errors — resulting in brain damage or cardiac arrest.
- Post-surgical negligence — failure to recognize and treat stroke, hemorrhage or heart attack in the recovery room, or premature transfer from the O.R. or release from the hospital.
Surgical procedures of all kinds, including those that are viewed as relatively minor outpatient procedures can lead to serious ramifications if a surgical error was made. Our staff of experienced litigation lawyers has access to expert medical professionals and analysts who can help determine what level of compensation is appropriate and accurately reflect the serious injury that you or a loved one has faced.
Contact The Spartanburg Surgical Error Attorneys At Parham Smith & Archenhold LLC
Reach us online today to schedule a free case evaluation with our firm. You can also reach us by telephone at 864-990-4581 or toll free at 877-805-6431. Our accomplished legal team can make a difference.