That Makes A Difference
Edwin Grey Wicker
- Medical Malpractice/Negligence 50%
- Wrongful Death/Survival 25%
- Catastrophic Injury 15%
- Trucking Litigation 10%
Grey passed away suddenly as a result of a cardiac event on Wednesday, May 10th.
Professionally, Grey served as a law clerk to the Honorable Roger L. Couch in the Seventh Judicial Circuit for one year before going into practice with Mike Spears of Michael E. Spears, PA, in 2008. Grey joined Parham, Smith & Archenhold's Spartanburg Office in 2017.
While practicing many facets of the law, Grey focused his efforts on pursuing the legal rights of his clients in civil, medical malpractice, class action and trucking accident litigation. Grey committed his career to protecting his clients' interests while zealously representing them and counseling them through the difficult litigation process. Grey received an "AV" rating as a Preeminent Lawyer by Martindale Hubbell.
A Spartanburg native, Grey received a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics with a minor in Music from Davidson College before receiving his Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude, from The Charleston School of Law in 2007. During his tenure at the Charleston School of Law, Grey served as the Quality Control Editor of the Maritime Law Bulletin. Additionally, Grey served as the Chairman of the school's Honor Counsel for two years and on the Judiciary Committee, tasked with writing the school's honor code.
While achieving great success in his legal career, Grey also contributed to his community in many ways. Grey was Chairman of the Board of Directors for Mobile Meals of Spartanburg County beginning in June, 2015. He was also Founder and Director of Public Relations for The Hub City Hog Fest, a charity BBQ competition in downtown Spartanburg, established as a benefit for Mobile Meals of Spartanburg County and raised over $200,000.00 for Mobile Meals in its first four years.
While we could continue with Grey's accolades and achievements, we know that his greatest legacy is his family. Grey could not have been more proud of his beautiful wife, Amanda, and their two young children.
The void that Grey has left in all of our lives is a true testament to how he lived.
Please feel free to contact our Greenville office at: 864.242.9008 should you have any questions.
Parham Smith & Archenhold, LLC
- Charleston School of Law, Charleston, South Carolina
- J.D. - 2007
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Davidson College, Davidson, North Carolina
- B.S. - 2004
- Honors: Bernard Society of Mathematics
- Major: Mathematics
- Minor: Music
- South Carolina, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2014
- Spears & Wicker, PA, Partner, 2014 to 2017
- Michael E. Spears, PA, Attorney, 2008 to 2014
- “Maritime Wrongful Death: An Anomalous Animalis”, The Charleston Law Review, Spring 2007
- “Recovery of Non-Pecuniary Damages under Wrongful Death Claims?”, Charleston School of Law Maritime Law Bulletin, January 2006
- “Defense of the Grading System” and “Hats off to the Professionalism Series”, The Brief – Charleston School of Law Newsletter, March, April 2005
- AV Preeminent Rating, awarded by Martindale Hubbell for the Highest Level of Professional Excellence, 2014 - Present
- Jack Robinson Philanthropist of the Year Award, Mobile Meals of Spartanburg County, 2016
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Volunteer of the Year Nominee, Nominated by Mobile Meals of Spartanburg County, 2016
- Justice C. Bruce Littlejohn Young Lawyer of the Year, Spartanburg County Bar, 2015
- Spartanburg Young Professional of the Year, Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce, 2014
- Board Member of the Year, Mobile Meals of Spartanburg County, 2014
- American Mensa Inductee, 2005
- Eagle Scout, 1999
- AV Preeminent Rating, Judicial Edition, awarded by Martindale Hubbell, 2017 - Present
Classes & Seminars
- Starting a Non-Profit, Spartanburg County Kiwanis Club 2016
- A Primer on SC Tort Law, Spartanburg County Bar 2015
- Trucking Accident Litigation, Cell Phone Location Tracking: Where Are They Now?, Charleston School of Law CLE program – 2015
- Default Damages: To Hold or Not to hold, Greenville County Bar “Year End” CLE - 2014
- Chairman of the Board of Directors for Mobile Meals of Spartanburg County, 501(c)(3) non-profit serving nearly 1500 meals per day with a yearly budget exceeding $1,000,000.00, June 2015 – present
- Board of Directors Member for Mobile Meals of Spartanburg County, June 2013 – June 2015
- Founder and Director of Public Relations for The Hub City Hog Fest, a charity BBQ competition in downtown Spartanburg, established as a benefit for Mobile Meals of Spartanburg County and raising over $200,000.00 for Mobile Meals in its first four years, August 2012 –present
- Spartanburg County Bar Association, Member
- Greenville County Bar Association, Member
- South Carolina Bar, Member, 2007 to Present
- South Carolina Association for Justice, Member, 2020 to Present