That Makes A Difference
Lauren Spears Gresh
Lauren was raised in Spartanburg, South Carolina. After receiving her undergraduate degree from Wofford College, she attended Charleston School of Law and has resided in Charleston ever since. During law school, she was active in the Charleston County Student Bar Association, Phi Delta Phi, Women and Law, and she received the CALI Award for highest grade in Health Care Law.
Following law school, Lauren spent over ten years at a large insurance defense firm where she focused her practice on medical malpractice litigation, dental malpractice, and professional negligence. Lauren has also handled regulatory and compliance matters with State licensing boards and Administrative Law Court. Lauren has tried cases involving a wide variety of medical malpractice claims ranging from negligent treatment and diagnosis to birth trauma and wrongful death. Lauren joined Parham Smith & Archenhold in 2023; working in our Charleston and Spartanburg locations, she is available to provide representation to clients throughout South Carolina and Georgia.
Lauren has been named a South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Star since 2020, and Legal Elite 2022 and 2023. She is admitted to practice in South Carolina, United States District Court for South Carolina, and Georgia State and Superior Courts.
- Charleston School of Law, Charleston, South Carolina
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: CALI Award Health Law
- Wofford College
- Major: English
- South Carolina, 2013
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 2014
- Georgia, 2014
- Debunking Trial Fiction: Five Common Myths of Trials and Why We Should Not Be Afraid to Try Cases, DRI – For the Defense, October 2020
- “Navigating the Affordable Care Act in Medical Malpractice Litigation: What Does the Future Hold,” ICLE – Georgia Damages, 2014
- Til Equity Do Us Part: Equitable Distribution of Property in Marital and Non-Marital Relationships, Charleston School of Law Equity, Spring 2012
- “How to Avoid Medicare Fraud and Abuse in Managed Care” – presentation, HBS Women’s Forum, July 2018
- “Defining Medical Damages: Changing the Landscape of Damages Analysis” – presentation, AIG Healthcare Seminar, December 2015
- “Affordable Care Act Considerations and Implications: Preparing for Change and Getting Ahead of the Curve” – presentation, ACI’s Advanced Forum on Medical Professional Liability, October 2014
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2020 - 2023
- Legal Elite, 2022, 2023