Greenville Truck Accident Lawyers
When a motor vehicle accident occurs with a commercial vehicle or tractor-trailer, there is critical evidence and information that must be investigated quickly. Unfortunately, too many people who have been injured fail to get the legal help they need as soon as possible. Witnesses become difficult to find, and any damaged commercial vehicles are quickly repaired as the companies responsible for them try to get them back on the road.
Rather than letting evidence of your substantial personal injury claim get lost, work with our Greenville truck accident attorneys at Parham Smith & Archenhold LLC. Not only can we respond quickly to our clients’ needs with decades of experience and access to valuable independent medical professionals, we also know how to effectively bring that information together in strong support of your injury claim.
Taking On Individuals And Companies In Serious Trucking Accidents
Accidents involving commercial trucking vehicles or other large vehicles can be particularly frightening and dangerous due to the size of the vehicle. Also, in many cases, the companies that manage such vehicles do not take care to assure that safety measures are in place to prevent such accidents. Some of the more common causes of trucking accidents include:
- Driver error — fatigue, inattention, traffic violations
- Unfit trucks — bad brakes, tires or lights; unsecured or overweight cargo
- Employer pressure on drivers to speed, exceed federal limits on hours behind the wheel and falsify logbooks
- Negligent hiring of unqualified drivers or inadequate training
We treat every kind of injury with the attention and dedication it deserves, whether a whiplash injury has caused neck, back and spinal cord damage, or if permanent, traumatic injuries (i.e., paralysis, brain injuries, amputation or multiple broken bones) have taken place, we relentlessly pursue compensation for the damage that reflects the full consequences of the injury. The same is true for the wrongful death claims we pursue for individuals who have lost a loved one. In injury cases, your life can be changed forever, so make sure to do all you can to get the financial help you need and deserve by speaking with a lawyer who knows the most effective methods for achieving results.
Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Accidents
Get answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) and get your case underway after a truck accident. Parham Smith & Archenhold LLC in Greenville offers free consultations. To get started, see if some of these questions match your own:
1) Why are accidents involving commercial trucks and passenger vehicles often deadly?
Differential size and momentum often contribute to the severity of a crash between a truck and a car. A commercial truck generally weighs somewhere between 10 and 20 tons, whereas a passenger car or an SUV typically weighs around one to two tons. No wonder it can take a truck so much longer to stop or change direction – and no wonder collisions can be so devastating.
2) What are some common causes of commercial truck accidents?
Studies analyzed and reported by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) in recent decades have identified a number of common factors in truck accidents, including:
- About the driver: Fatigue, inattentiveness, misjudgment, following other vehicles too closely and other performance issues
- About the vehicle: Faulty brakes or tires, cargo shifts and other factors having to do with the truck
- About the environment: Roadway quality or conditions, possibly due to weather or congestion, or pavement or signage defects
Cars and their drivers may also trigger collisions with trucks, such as when a motorist is forced by other traffic into a truck’s lane or does not see a truck in time because of sun glare. A truck driver may not be able to see or may not be paying attention in time to avert a crash.
3) Can I sue the truck driver and his or her employer?
Determining who is liable to compensate injured occupants of a car is a job for professionals. If an investigation’s results show that the truck driver or trucking company was to blame, a lawsuit against either or both may bring necessary compensation.
4) What types of damages may I be able to recover compensation for after a truck accident?
Recoverable damages may compensate you for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wage replacement
- Rehabilitation, therapy, personal care, disability accommodations, and/or funeral and burial costs
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage (repair or replacement of your vehicle)
5) What are the benefits of hiring an attorney to represent me after a truck accident?
Turn to a trusted law firm promptly for best results, to ensure that no steps in the process to maximize financial recovery are overlooked. Parham Smith & Archenhold LLC in Greenville is here to lift your burdens and advocate on your behalf, while you and your family focus on healing and practical matters.
BYOQs (Bring Your Own Questions)
Our legal team welcomes your own truck accident FAQs about what to do after a truck accident. Contact the Spartanburg truck injury attorneys at Parham Smith & Archenhold LLC by email, or by phone at 864-990-4581 or toll free at 877-805-6431. Initial consultations are free.