That Makes A Difference
William L. Dodson Jr.
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Wrongful Death
Bill Dodson has been a trial lawyer for over 40 years, and has successfully represented clients who have suffered serious injury and death in all types of cases, including medical malpractice, traffic accidents and industrial accidents. He believes that there is no substitute for experience and personal attention to his clients' needs.
A lifelong resident of South Carolina, Bill grew up in Ware Shoals. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the University of South Carolina and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law. Bill was admitted to the United States District Court in 1981 and to the United States Court of Appeals in 1988. He is a member of the South Carolina Bar Association and the Greenville County Bar Association.
Bill is a member of the South Carolina Association of Justice and the American Board of Trial Advocates. He has been awarded the AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards. He received the Super Lawyers designation in 2012.
Bill and his wife, Susan, have been married for 38 years and have two children and two grandchildren. He is a member of First Baptist Greenville and sings in the Sanctuary Choir. When he is not practicing law, Bill enjoys golf and fishing.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina
- J.D. Degree - 1977
- University of South Carolina
- B.A. - 1974
- South Carolina, 1977
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1988
- Greenville County Bar Association, Member
- South Carolina Bar, Member
- South Carolina Association for Justice , Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member
- Haynesworth / Perry Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Simmons v. Greenville Hospital System, 355 S.C. 581, 586 S.E. 2d 569 (2003)
- Boone v. Huntington and Guerry Elec. Co., 311 S.C. 550, 430 S.E. 507 (1993)
- Beck v. Clarkson, 300 S.C. 293, 387 S.E. 2d 681 (Ct. App. 1989)
- Patterson v. I.H. Services Inc., 295 S.C. 300, 368 S.E. 2d 215 (1998)
- State v. Gambrell, 274 S.C. 587, 266 S.E. 2d 78 (1980)
- State v. Duncan, 274 S.C. 379, 264 S.E. 2d 421 (1980)